These are the five types of short story ideas I have experienced over the years…
- Ones I immediately start writing and keep writing (in my available time) until a draft is complete. (5%)
- Ones I immediately start writing, stop at some point and finish days, weeks, sometimes months later. (2%)
- Ones I start writing, stop at some point and never come pack to. (30%)
- Ones I think about for years and eventually write. (3%)
- Ones I never write. (60%)
*Calculations are a guestimate based on a gut feeling of what it true.
I’d love to know what kind of story ideas you’ve encountered. And if you’d like to know the types of short story drafts I’ve written I’d be happy to write a follow-up.
Leave a Reply