It’s over. NaNoWriMo has come to a close yet again. Some of us have novels now. Some. like me, gave up super early. Either way I’m sure we all learnt something in the process.
I stepped back, reassessed my goals and had some other wins as well. Which brings me to yesterday, and how I spent my final day of November.
- Walked the dog
- Planned writing goals for 2018 (I used the article as a guide, but changed things as I saw fit)
- Researched publishers
- Rewrote some product descriptions on Etsy
- Freelance work
- 4.5 hours retail work – Day Job 2
This month really opened my eyes to a lot of things about how I write and what I want to achieve.
What I’ve learned
- Take time out to think and day dream
- If a story’s not ready don’t write it
- Writing is hard work, you can’t just chase the high
- Put together and start submitting a short story collection
- Enter more writing competitions (external motivation and deadlines is helpful and you may just win!)
- Go on a writers retreat!
And that’s it for me in November. I’ll be posting occasionally in December so stay tuned and good luck with all your writing goals and your NaNo-novels!